Project Manager - Drainage
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10040173
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
Higgins Wairarapa completes all types of civil construction which includes; domestic driveways, subdivisions, three water renewals, drainage, road reconstruction, commercial site works, Local Authority roading and safety improvement contracts, Masterton District Maintenance contract, production and supply of all types of aggregates.
As the Project Manager Drainage you will develop, lead and manage the team on all thing's drainage across four authorities within the region. You will lead the Drainage team in all aspects of contract delivery, leadership, client and stakeholder relationships, resourcing for project/contract delivery, subcontractor management, financial/commercial management and health and safety in all aspects of drainlaying across the three waters.
You will bring to the role relevant experience within Drainage together with a demonstrated knowledge base and a strong safety culture focus.
What you will bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree (preferable)
- Understanding of the Construction Contracts Act and the knowledge to apply NZS3910
- A strong understanding of industry best practice, QA and health and Safety
- Proven track record in the successful delivery of drainage projects
- A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
- Drainage Qualification (Registered/Certified Drainlayer and/or Level 4 Water Reticulation)
- Full Class 1 licence is a must with Class 2 or 4 truck licence advantageous
- Estimating knowledge in CCS Candy estimating software is preferable
- Strong people leadership skills and guiding teams to success
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
At Higgins we recognise hard work with growth and development opportunities within a supportive and whanau friendly environment. We offer a rewarding working environment, competitive salary and benefits.
This is a great time to be joining the Green Team, we have a busy forward work plan and need you to help us to continue building on our success!
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!
Higgins: Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.