- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:ipx/22408
- Closing Date:01 Oct 2021
Iplex Pipelines – A member of the Fletcher Building group was established in Australia in 1938, and over the past eight decades has grown to become one of the largest pipe and fittings manufacturing business in Australia with manufacturing and distribution capabilities in all states.
We currently have an opportunity for a Polymer Technician based in either Brisbane or Melbourne. The role is to ensure Iplex processing methodologies and technologies remain up-to-date, efficient, high quality and very cost effective. Extensive knowledge of plastic extrusion processes both within Australia and the world, as well as insights to ensure Iplex is continually innovating and keeping up with improving processing trends in a sustainable environment.
You will also be required to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customers, from our manufacturing, technical, procurement and planning teams, and be able to work cross functionally to deliver the best business outcomes. Working with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally, you will display excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to deliver technical enhancements communicated in simple language.
About the Role
- Ensure recipe optimisation & consistency across the PVC sites.
- Explore opportunities to modify recipes to reduce waste and improve product performance.
- All products to be manufactured in line with meeting internal and external standard requirements and supporting Iplex’s trustworthy quality reputation.
- Optimise key processing parameters to ensure products are lowest cost and always adhering to the relevant standard.
- Support and influence the factories to deliver profit improvement projects linked directly to raw material usage
· Qualified Engineer in a relevant field (Polymer, Materials, Chemical)
· 5+ years experience working in the polymer industry
· Exceptional time management skills, sense of urgency
· Ability to influence across multiple sites and strong attention to detail
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.