- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/22429
- Closing Date:17 Oct 2021
We are looking for a Foreman to join our Drainage team in Palmerston North. You will report to the manager of 3 waters and you will run a crew with a Leading Hand, Operator and Labourer.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Ongoing training and development – including support to get any licences required
• Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a Foreman position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position
What you’ll bring to the role:
• 5+ years Drainage or watermain experience.
• Excavating experience would be beneficial
• Minimum Class 1 Licence – we will support you to gain class 2 or WTR if required
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga