- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/22444
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building and we are a trusted business partner for great design spaces, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. With market leading brands in our portfolio including Strandfloor, Formica, Seratone, Melteca, Lakepine MDF and Caesarstone, Laminex NZ offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces, from benchtops and cabinetry, through to structural flooring, wall lining and commercial joinery.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our team of 4 in-house engineers who support our 24/7 operation at our Te Rapa, Hamilton site. As a Maintenance Engineer you will carry out key maintenance and repairs to the plant, provide input into plant optimisation initiatives as well as act as a backup to our Reliability Engineer.
We require someone on a full-time, 40-hour per week basis who can also be on-call after hours as per our rotating on call roster.
As the ideal candidate you will bring the following key traits & experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Engineer or with Trade Experience in General Engineering/Maintenance Fitting
- Ability to prioritise work and factor commercial and health & safety requirements into maintenance plans.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently collaborate, co-operate and share information around faults, issues and actions required with key plant stakeholders.
- Take active responsibility and lead by example in Health & Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Supervision of contractors on site when needed.
- An ability to work autonomously and independently.
- Ability to undertake limited electrical work will be an advantage
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
This is a permanent salaried position working with a leading brand in a strong market position. You will be joining a business in great shape that is ready to capitalise on your drive and energy and can offer career development opportunities and benefits that come from working with one of New Zealand’s largest listed companies.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.