- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/15092021
- Closing Date:30 Sep 2021
Fletcher Reinforcing supplies the reinforcing steel and reinforcing mesh that provides greater strength to concrete foundations and structures. We are market leaders in the supply of reinforcing throughout New Zealand. Our team have a passion for the Fletcher Reinforcing brand and a drive to be the best in the industry. This means we are constantly striving to deliver the highest level of service to our wide range of customers around the country.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Steel Fixer based in Hamilton / Tauranga area to work at sites across the Waikato / Bay of Plenty region on some of our major infrastructure projects.
As a Steel Fixer you will have 3-5 years infrastructure experience and steel fixing/tying knowledge and on site workplace experience.
You will also have experience with;
• Cutting, tying, inserting ground beams, constructing columns and other forms, cage-making, laying floor slabs etc.
• Interpreting drawings and producing high quality work - Identifying and locating all bar types and bar diameters as required .
• Selecting suitable materials – Selecting suitable materials that enable completion of tasks including chair types both concrete and plastic , safety caps , lacers , dummy bars and steel slab chairs .
• Working with customers , team mates and surrounding construction workers.
• Working safely and efficiently, meeting quality standards
• You will be hardworking, trustworthy and reliable with a good team attitude!
In return you will receive;
• Ongoing training and full support from a positive and highly engaged management team
• Career development opportunities
• An excellent compensation package available
• The opportunity to work within the Fletcher Building banner
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes.
People who put the customers first and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
If you have the right skills and interested to know more about the vacancies, please submit your application and cover letter and the team will be in touch with you to discuss further. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.