Electrical and Control Systems Engineer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/22450
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Electrical & Control System Support Lead at our Ballarat Manufacturing plant. The role has the responsibility in providing the drive, knowledge and experience to support the ongoing maintenance and development of plant control systems, electrical interfaces and networks.
Requirements of this role include the following:
- Ensure maintenance personnel and control systems users are adequately trained so system functionality is optimised
- Ensure modifications to plant manufacturing control systems are carried out in accordance with plant and Industry standards
- Ensure all manufacturing control systems software and device parameters are maintained, backed up & secure
- Act as focal point for IT services and software support
- Develop and support Project conceptualisation and commissioning of electrical systems, networks and Computer based manufacturing systems
- Develop and maintain electrical systems strategies.
- Liaison with suppliers and electrical contractors to provide current processes and parts and critical spares on the plants
This is a unique role as you be working on the systems that make the plant operate smoothly and reliably. Must have the technically capability but also the ability to influence and collaborate. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a medium to large sized company preferred to be within the manufacturing plant in an operational reliability or maintenance related role
- High level of literacy & communication skills
- Experience in Electrical systems from an Engineering or trades background
- Excellent computer skills – MES, CMMS, spreadsheets / databases / planning/automation software and associated tools
- Ability to report & present complex data to suit all audience types
- High level written and verbal communication skills, along with effective interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to build and promote positive work relationships with production and maintenance teams.
As a member of our tight knit Ballarat community you will be a team player who is ready to accept the challenges of a position like this. In turn you will be supported by a senior leadership team with the backing of our excellent brand.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of our team. Apply today!