- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:FCI/10040164
- Closing Date:08 Dec 2021
Civil Supervisor – Puhoi to Warkworth
The Pūhoi to Warkworth project is a major infrastructure project to extend the four-lane Northern Motorway (SH1) 18.5km from the Johnstones Hill Tunnels to just north of Warkworth.
Four years into construction, the project has entered the exciting stages of paving, finishing works, and connecting the new highway to the existing Northern Motorway.
We have new opportunities for Civil Supervisors to join each of these disciplines and are seeking candidates with strong civils backgrounds to help us bring this project of national significance to completion.
Key accountabilities of the position include:
• On-site management of construction works to meet project milestones and collaboration with the site engineer to produce short term programmes through the weekly planning sessions
• Collaborate with the site engineers to plan efficient construction methods
• Liaison with site engineers/cost engineers and/or central yard storeman for the procurement of minor construction items
• Participation in problem solving with the wider team to overcome unforeseen issues as they arise
• Lead daily team briefings and toolboxes to promote engagement in this forum from the construction team.
• Ensure all operators undertaking works are trained and competent in the use of the tools and equipment required for the job
• Ensure all works, including those self-performed and subcontracted, are planned to be undertaken in a safe manner which is documented through a JSEA and that these documents are updated as changes occur
• 10+ years of civil construction experience
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the team
• Excellent relationship-building skills
• Exceptional record in health and safety management
• Competitive package + great employee benefits, including educational support
• Clear opportunities for training and career growth
• Internal mobility across an exciting portfolio of current project and future works
The Fletcher Construction Company is part of Fletcher Building, established in 1909. Responsible for iconic builds across New Zealand, Fletcher Building has a strong tradition in providing excellence in delivery of infrastructure that helps our communities to thrive.
Interested? Please apply now to find out more about this opportunity. More information about Fletcher Building can be found at: https://fletcherbuilding.com/our-business/construction/
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.