- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:28 Oct 2021
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Distribution Manager for our Strathpine Operations. In this role you will ensure the effective operation of the Distribution Facility, warehouse and yard, achieving required standards in costs, service, quality and leadership. The position of Distribution Manager is primarily responsible for achieving maximum productivity from the distribution sections of the site and ensuring that all work is carried meets safe standards and operating systems. The position reports to the Operations Manager and has direct working relationships with the Distribution Office, Team leaders, Contractors, Sales Division, other Sites and Distribution Facilities around Australia.
You will have the Essential Qualifications and Licenses to be considered for this role:
· Delivering a comprehensive, efficient and effective DC operation.
· Ensuring the DC throughput is continuously optimised through streamlined and effective inventory management policies.
· Managing 3PL supplier relationships and transport contracts within ANZ.
· Strategically planning, executing and managing the reverse logistics function.
· Addressing logistical challenges and provide solutions.
· Meeting all cost, productivity, accuracy and on time targets, and managing all financial aspects of the DC facility.
· Managing reporting and monitoring activities.
· Leading and improving a strong safety culture, with relevant experience in cultural development and EHS and risk management.
· Driving and leading projects and change management initiatives.
· Leading and developing the DC team to ensure a customer-focused and skilled workforce.
· Being a proactive and collaborative member of the Extended Operations Leadership team.
· Working with the team and other departments to identify improvements in systems, processes and communications.
· Maintaining metrics against KPI’s to assess performance and implement CI programs.
· Enhancing and fostering positive relationships with internal and external parties.
· Formal qualifications in management is an advantage and/or proven record in relevant fields
· Certificate lll in Transport and Distribution (Warehousing and Storage)
· Certificate lV in Frontline Management
· Chain of Responsibility Level 1, 2 and 3
· Ability to make quick and correct decisions "on the job"
· Ability to achieve set targets
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions.