- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:FCS/22497
- Closing Date:25 Oct 2021
Fletcher Steel is New Zealand’s leading importer, distributor and processor of steel representing Fletcher Building’s Easysteel, Fletcher Reinforcing, Fletcher Wire Products, Dimond Roofing. Dimond Structural, CSP Pacific and Pacific CoilCoaters brands. We are the strength at the heart of New Zealand’s buildings and infrastructure. Our people use their experience, skills and individuality to do amazing work.
The Fletcher Steel Engineering team support over 20 sites across New Zealand. We are a small team who understand that our role is about helping our sites run effectively and smoothly, maximising plant availability through strong planning and scheduling and we are looking for a like-minded individual to join our team in Penrose, Auckland.
About the Role
This role is in the Maintenance Team of the Engineering department and reports to the Maintenance Team Leader. Your day-to-day tasks include;
- Development of maintenance systems and processes
- Coordination with contractors, suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Asset management, maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Short term and long-term planning using CMMS package ‘MEX’
- Planning for light and heavy equipment (e.g. Cranes, Rollforming Equipment) maintenance and organise parts as necessary.
- Responsible for plant reliability, performance improvement and ensuring cost effectiveness
In order to be successful in your role, you will need;
- A relevant technical qualification (Electrical or Mechanical)
- Substantial experience in maintenance and planning
- Technical knowledge in a manufacturing environment with contractor management
- Competency with systems and IT savvy i.e. any CMMS software, Microsoft Suite (excel)
- Skilled at stakeholder management, time management and analytical problem solving
- Ability to juggle tasks and prioritise
If you are looking to broaden and diversify your skillset then this is the role for you. We are also committed to the ongoing development of our people; our Employee Education Fund can help you develop your career, and you can avail of many other benefits as part of the Fletcher Building group such as employee discounts and other benefits.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.