Junior Commercial Analyst
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:24 Nov 2021
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for a Junior Commercial Analyst.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will support the Finance Business Partnering (FBP) team in achieving value added business outcomes. This role will play an active part in all business development opportunities and positively work with shared services and other support functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Business Partnering and support
- Business opportunities -Support the FBP team with tracking and reporting on new business initiatives.
- Market, customer and competitor Insights – Prepare Market share reports, segment participation and margin movement reports, customer profitability reports
- Budgeting & Forecasting – Support budgeting, forecasting process and standard cost modelling.
- Operational efficiency - Prepare efficiency matrix, manufacturing accounts and monthly site review packs
- Supply chain efficiency – Support supply chain teams with freight analytics and inventory reviews.
- Reporting will consist of a structured cycle including daily, weekly and monthly information for internal use and communication through to Fletcher Building. It will also include any ad hoc analysis that is required
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Hero. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for;
- Degree qualified in Commerce/Maths/Finance/ other quantitative disciplines or Computer Science
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualifications desirable
- Highly numerate with attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of BI tools (Qlik Sense, Power BI), RPA, SQL, Python, R and statistical software would be desirable
- Excellent communications and influencing skills
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!