Regional Operations Manager (Northern)
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:12 Nov 2021
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for a Northern Region Operations Manager.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will lead the relevant Regional Operations function, driving volume and market share through efficient, flexible capacity and quality standards. The role will execute a new vision and values-based leadership style that will be adopted throughout the entire Operations function. Accountability to the customer is key as is connected process, people and performance outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and management of end to end Regional Operations function, including successful integration of both regional and metropolitan teams at every Stramit location
- Direct all operations activities for the achievement of short- and long-term business objectives, increased profit and volume growth
- Be responsible for developing, communicating and overseeing the implementation of a national operations strategy across all regional locations.
- Drive Profit and Loss detailed accountability across all regional sites including the metro sites.
- Ensure a consistent approach in all areas of operational performance
- Engage in succession planning and personal development and training of direct reports and their respective teams to create a talent pipeline
- Prepare budgets, forecasting, internal reporting on operational activity and business opportunities
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for an Operations hero. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally. You can pick up new systems easily and drive key projects around digital process enhancements.
We are on the lookout for;
- 10+ years of sales experience with the last 3-5 years at a National/Senior level
- A tertiary (ie Bachelor, or Diploma level) qualification in business management is highly desirable although 5-10 years direct experience is equally valued
- Stakeholder engagement, negotiation and influencing
- Team Leader, Coach, Manager of direct reports
- Outcome focused, resilient and adaptable
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!