- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Humes Pipeline Systems
- Job Reference:HPS/22543
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
Successfully helping to build New Zealand’s civil infrastructure requirements for nearly 100 years, Humes is known and trusted for the quality products and services we provide from a national footprint of manufacturing and distribution locations, along with teams of capable people who are proud to serve our customers across all markets we participate in. We are a standalone business within the Building Products division of the Fletcher Building Group and are experiencing significant growth across all areas of our business.
Are you an experienced Production Manager with a proven record in people management, focused on sustainable production efficiency, process automation and with a drive and a passion for keeping people safe at work? Are you ready for a career challenge and the ability to make a difference?
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in a large, multi-cultural, unionised environment and someone who has the ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships at all levels.
This senior role will play a key part in driving efficiencies and continuous improvement across our team while operating new, world-class technologies that provide innovative and sustainable solutions to our customers. The role will include:
• Providing coaching, management, and leadership to the operations team
• Providing support to the employees, to ensure productivity efficiencies and continuous improvements are achieved
• Developing and delivering production strategies and capital planning requirements to maximise the long-term profitability and sustainability of the business.
• Ensuring the environmental compliance, health, safety and well-being of all staff, contractors and visitors is managed
• Facilitating a collaborative approach to planning and ensuring customer delivery requirements are met in a safe and timely manner
• Driving high quality product delivery with minimal waste whilst working with the challenges that new processes and technology brings
The ideal person for this position will:
• Have senior production experience within a manufacturing environment
• Have a strong mechanical and engineering mindset
• Be proven in people management experience and have an ability to drive change
• Be comfortable in a high-pressured environment
• Have strong communication capabilities, both written and verbal
• Have a high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft products and comfortable learning/using various software programs
This role will allow you to take over the reins of a highly-engaged and competent team, whilst also having the ability to continue to implement improvements as you identify them. You will be given exposure to a range of best practice approaches from across the wider organisation and will be provided support to continue your own professional development. We have a great team culture within our organisation where our employees stay with us and create a collaborative work environment.
If this sounds like you or you want to know more, please apply online and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
We are committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. Successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have residency in New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our career pathways.