- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:30 Nov 2021
Brian Perry Civil is in a strong growth period with long-term secured projects ready to start.
As part of the Fletcher Building group we deliver a wide range of civil construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific, specialising in civil structures, 3 waters, ground improvement, foundations, and piling work.
We offer job security, career development, a comprehensive remuneration package, and a wide variety of work on nationally and locally significant projects. Our people are at the heart of our success and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers.
We offer excellent opportunities for people with a passion for delivering a job safely to the required standards.
What's in for you:
• Competitive hourly rates, including 1.5 overtime after 44 hours
• Great employee discounts from Fletcher brands like Placemakers and Mico
• Access to grants from the Fletcher Employee Education Fund for you and your family
• A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes
• Unrivalled access to training, development, and career progression
• Support to enrol with Industry Training Organisations to gain NZQA Trade Qualifications
• The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive and award-winning team
• A strong pipeline of long term, interesting, local projects
• Opportunities to work across our southern region, which includes the lower North Island and all the South Island
Are you our up-and-coming tradesmen and women?
We are seeking people keen to take the next step towards a career pathway in Civil Construction. You will work in a close-knit team delivering technical civil projects involving the construction of bridges, wharves, and other interesting structures. We also need people to join our Civil teams in the 3 Waters - drinking, storm water and wastewater. If that isn’t what you’re looking for, perhaps piling and foundations appeals? The right candidates will embrace this challenge and become experts in their trades, working under an experienced foreman who will coach and mentor you while you’re being supported through formal training to back up your practical skills.
We want people who:
• Hold a clean, full Class 1 driver’s licence (or are working towards it)
• Have a strong work ethic and are committed to the highest standards of health and safety
• Are comfortable working on range of tasks in different working environments
• Are physically fit and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Have strong communication and listening skills
• May be straight out of school or have already spent a year or two in the workforce but not yet found the job that excites you.
We offer an attractive remuneration package and a supportive working environment focussed on our people. We encourage and help everyone to develop their skills and experience to reach their full potential.
As part of the Fletcher Building group we can offer a range of benefits, including access for you and your family members to the Employee Educational Fund, our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare and the the Fletcher Building Welfare Fund.
Our strong safety and wellbeing focus reflects how much we value our people. We are committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. Everyone joining our team is required to pass a drug and alcohol test before staring work.
All applicants should be New Zealand residents or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.