Senior Commercial Analyst
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:SBP - SCA
- Closing Date:24 Nov 2021
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for a Senior Commercial Analyst.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will provide commercial support to GM Sales, National Distribution & Franchise Manager and their teams in achieving their strategic and operational objectives through insights that drive improved business performance. 12 Month contract role.
Your responsibilities will include:
Business Partnering and support
- Business opportunities - Gross profit improvements and cost to serve reviews; Product profitability, product rationalisation & life cycle analysis and channel and segment profitability reviews.
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Managing the Stramit BI tool (Qlik Sense) rollout and ensuring cutting edge reporting and data visualisation
- Structured reporting cycle including daily, weekly and monthly information for internal use and communication to Fletcher Building. It will also include any ad hoc analysis that is required
Leadership & Engagement
- Be the primary point of contact for sales and national distribution teams on commercial questions/issues and drive initiatives at all levels and develop and maintain a continuous improvement, challenging and innovative culture
- Coaching management teams to improve their commercial and financial acumen
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Hero. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude.
We are on the lookout for;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience essential in commercial support roles
- Degree qualified in Commerce/Maths/Finance/ other quantitative disciplines or Computer Science
- CA/CPA/CIMA/MBA qualifications desirable
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical skills and exposure to data mining, Big Data is advantageous
- Advanced modelling skills, including advanced Excel skills
- A high degree of competency in data visualisation and BI tools, such as Qlik Sense and Power BI
- Knowledge of RPA, SQL, Python, R and statistical software would be desirable
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!