Skilled Labourer (Chip Runner/Screed Opr)-1
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10040187
- Closing Date:29 May 2022
The Green Team at Higgins in Wellington have opportunities available for people who are physically fit and reliable to join their Chipseal team looking after construction and resurfacing works.
• Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
We have opportunities available for skilled Chip Runners/Screed Operators to join our team now!
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Class 1 licence - WTR not essential but would be beneficial
• Roading and Infrastructure experience desired but not essential
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the roles
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and join our Team on the journey – Apply NOW!
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.