- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/22645
- Closing Date:22 Oct 2021
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Where your story starts:
Reporting to Finance, the role is an integral part of our Ballarat Operations Leadership team. The role is to provide management and financial accounting services to support our diverse business requirements. The role is a key contributor in supporting, advising and collaborating on core finance matters to ensure the financial success of the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Business Unit Profit and Loss Accounts and Balance Sheets – which includes budget and forecasting
- Ownership and delivery of management accounts and reporting to meet business unit and finance requirements
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests and work with key players in the various projects ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Managing site stock control processes & procedures on a regular basis as required
- Review of product cost build up (Bill of Material /Routing)
- Preparation of weekly/monthly site accounts, forecasting and management reporting
- CAPEX budget and cash flow forecasting
- General ledger reconciliation
- Month end and Year End reporting
- Ad-hoc management reporting and analysis as required by business
- Facilitating relationships and cohesion within the Finance and Operations teams
Role you’ll play:
As our Finance Analyst, you will be driven toward the overall success of the Ballarat plant, with a continuous improvement mindset.
Leading by example, you will ideally hold:
- CA or CPA qualified, or similar
- 5 years experience in accounting or finance roles
- Previous Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Experience with using BPCS / SAP (preferred)
- Proven analytical, reporting, costing, budgeting and process improvement experience
- Be self motivated, able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate innovation and seek improvements
Start your next chapter:
As part of the Fletcher Building Group – Laminex has been a vital part of the Australian manufacturing industry. Our commitment to on site safety and well-being has led us to be named as one of Australia’s “Best Places to Work”.
We are excited to bring you along on our journey – Apply Today!