- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22672
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
Based in Hawkes Bay, we are looking for a Senior Estimator to join the team. Bring your expertise and hit the ground running. Make a significant contribution to our future success. Be responsible for the bidding and tender preparation processes for the Region – projects ranging in value between $2 and $8 million.
• Competitive salary + vehicle
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Opportunity for continued career progression as the branch grows
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
The Hawke’sBay region has an excellent pipeline of future work and Higgins will be actively working to secure its share – it’s a great time to be joining a team that is already 200 strong!
What you’ll get involved in:
• Manage the full tender process including preparation, review and delivery of tenders and quotes
• Lead and manage bid teams
• Assist with Pricing of variations
• Manage Attribute writing and detailed bid submission
• Measurements, take-offs and estimates for a range of civil construction projects
• Risk prediction, assessment, and valuation
• Work with clients/customers to ensure they understand our Bids and resolve concerns or issues
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Proven tendering experience, preferably within roading / civil infrastructure construction
• A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to handle a diverse workload along, whilst finding creative and forward-thinking solutions
• Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying experience - technical qualifications preferred
• Proficient with CCS Candy or Benchmark, Microsoft Projects
• Sound Contractual Knowledge especially NZS 3910:2013
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga