- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Wallboards
- Job Reference:WWB/22693
- Closing Date:28 Oct 2021
Like You, We’re Proudly Building New Zealand! It’s something we are proud to have been a trusted part of, for over 90 years and counting. Every day, passionate and dedicated people come together as an industry to help build healthy, sustainable homes, creating a better future for all New Zealanders.
GIB® Plasterboard is the number one choice by customers in New Zealand. Our quality and reliable products, along with our unparalleled service and support is what sets us apart. When you start with us, you will learn that we are all brought together by the passion we have for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are on the lookout for motivated, switched-on, safety focused Production Operators to join our team at our plant in Penrose. The role is varied throughout the day and will include;
- Plant operation within plastermills and board manufacturing crews
- Process control, adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Replenishing lines and operating machines as required to ensure continuous production
- Quality assurance and reporting issues or faults
- Operating a forklift and gantry crane
- General manufacturing duties
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and automated material handling equipment
- Forklift license and current NZ driver's license
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and technical problem solving
- Physically fit with the ability to safely handle heavy equipment and product (up to 25kg)
- Ability to pass a pre employment medical including drug & alcohol test
Note: You must be willing to work on a rotating shift work roster.
This will be four days on, four days off after your initial training period.
2 day shifts (7am - 7pm) & 2 night shifts (7pm - 7am)
This is a career opportunity that offers challenge, variety and scope! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and it includes some awesome benefits and perks that comes as part of a large construction and building materials company. If you would like to join a second to none culture in a Kiwi icon, multi award winning business, please apply by visiting https://fletcherbuilding.com/careers
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.