- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Golden Bay Cement
- Job Reference:GBC/22713
- Closing Date:03 Nov 2021
The Concrete Division comprises Fletcher Building’s aggregate, cement and concrete businesses, employing over 1300 people across three business units. Golden Bay Cement is over 100 years old and is New Zealand’s only manufacturer of clinker and cement. GBC operates New Zealand’s only cement manufacturing plant with national distribution capabilities supplying both domestic and export markets.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, you will be a key Finance Business partner working within Manufacturing and responsible for delivering across all elements of monthly reporting, budgeting, strategic planning, forecasting and capital prioritisation. You will be able to provide effective and insightful commercial decisions while being a key business partner for the Golden Bay Cement business. To do this role, you will need the flexibility to travel between Auckland and Whangarei, but you choose your primary location!
- Monthly reporting and forecasting (Opex and Capex)
- Ensure compliance to all internal and external reporting and control requirements (e.g.IFRS16, internal controls and key reconciliations)
- Business partnering. This role is the primary point of business support to the GBC business. Working with the GBC’s General Manager, Operations Manager and Manufacturing Manager you will deliver on:
- Supporting the business in preparing yearly budgeting, strategic planning, and forecasting requirements.
- Proactively looking for and providing insights into opportunities for improvements in the areas of the business within your accountability.
- Performing business intelligence and analysis to support effective decisions, such as pricing, cost to serve, working capital reviews, variance analysis, root cause analysis, benchmarking, and reviews against leading practice.
- Be a champion for business improvements through the identification, analysis, and creation of initiatives and the management and execution of these initiatives.
- Undertake and support projects, including the development and review of business cases. Support the Commercial Manager in the approval process and support the BU for delivery once approved.
You will have at least three years’ experience in management accounting and business partnering, supported by a degree in either Business or Commerce in Accounting and have a CA ANZ recognised Chartered Accountant qualification.
Known for your ability to influence and communicate, you will be a highly motivated self-starter, have a strong financial background in corporate or manufacturing and a proven track record in delivering results. You will be joining a driven and engaging team where there is a real opportunity for business partnering and driving value add initiatives.
If you thrive on a challenge and are looking for your next opportunity, then this is the role for you. In return, you will enjoy the on-going benefits and career opportunities of working for one of NZ’s largest employers.
To apply for this role click APPLY NOW or visit www.fbcareers.com
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.