- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Iplex NZ
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:IPL/22743
- Closing Date:02 Nov 2021
Iplex Pipelines is a leading New Zealand manufacturer of plastic pipeline systems distributing product both locally and internationally. We manufacture and supply pipeline systems for a diverse range of applications including Waters, Plumbing, Gas, Rural, Energy and Communications with members working in manufacturing and distribution in Palmerston North, Christchurch, and Ashburton, with our commercial head office based in Auckland.
We’re in growth mode and expanding our team at Palmerston North. You’ll be working with a small, long-standing team that have over 20+ years’ experience in the industry, providing the support and tools you need to be a successful Purchaser at Iplex.
About the role:
- Support procurement & purchasing, raise PO’’s, reconciliations
- Inventory management – monitor and maintain stock levels
- Reporting, data management and administration
- Work closely with local and international suppliers through purchasing and order management
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to bring the following:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role (purchasing, procurement, buyer etc)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient with online systems & Microsoft Suite
- High attention to detail with analytical and numerical skills
- A proactive approach and a willingness to learn and share ideas
The position offers challenge, variety and scope for personal development. This is an exciting opportunity for career growth! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and rewards performance success. In return, being part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, we will offer a range of benefits including on-going training and learning, future career opportunities, health & income protection and excellent working conditions.
*Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol test, is required as well as the legal right to work in New Zealand
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.