Project Engineer - Eastern Busway
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:FCI/10040570
- Closing Date:08 Dec 2021
Project Engineer – General Civils – Eastern Busway
The Eastern Busway is a significant project for Auckland and forms a key part of the region’s rapid transport network. Similar to the Northern Busway, it will create separate lanes for new high-frequency bus services to connect people from Botany, Pakuranga and the surrounding suburbs with the rail network in Panmure. The project includes cycling and walking paths, safety, environment and roading improvements, and a Reeves Road flyover, giving people a range of travel options and more reliable journey times.
Construction is due to start in 2022 and to be completed in 2026 subject to consent approvals and the easing of pandemic restrictions. During this important design and provisioning phase, we have an opportunity for an experienced general civils Project Engineer.
A snapshot of role responsibilities:
• Monitor and control the execution of a scope of works to ensure it is constructed in accordance with the drawings, specifications, Contract documents and all HSEQ requirements
• Prepare a specific programme to achieve the construction dates and milestones
• Prepare periodical forecast
• Manager procurement packages
• Manager the workforce to complete the necessary works within time frames
• Provide the Cost Control team with the monthly executed quantities
• Manage and review Work Packs prepared by the Site Engineers to ensure that it meets the requirements of the Project with regards to Health & Safety, Quality, Construction Methodology, Cost and Programme
• Prepare ITP´s required to execute the works
In order to be successful in this position, you must have;
• Engineering degree or Masters with 5+ years experience in a similar environment
• Strong analytical and management skills
• Experience working on a major construction project
• Strong experience with Budget, Cost & programme
• Strong influencing skills
• Competitive package + great employee benefits, including educational support
• Clear opportunities for training and career growth
• Internal mobility across an exciting portfolio of current project and future works
For more information about the Eastern Busway visit easternbusway.nz
The Fletcher Construction Company is part of Fletcher Building, established in 1909. Responsible for iconic builds across New Zealand, Fletcher Building has a strong tradition in providing excellence in delivery of infrastructure that helps our communities to thrive.
Interested? Please apply now to find out more about this opportunity. More information about Fletcher Building can be found at: https://fletcherbuilding.com/our-business/construction/
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.