Leading Hand - Truss Plant
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Clever Core New Zealand
- Job Reference:CLC/22769
- Closing Date:03 Nov 2021
Clevercore New Zealand is a purpose-designed offsite manufacturing facility based in Wiri. We are building a new generation of homes for New Zealand and want to be the number one supplier of panellised homes designed specifically for manufacture.
WHAT WE DO
We manufacture the walls, floors and roofs to go into Residential homes to save time on site and create a safer and better-quality product. Our clients come to us for homes that can be built faster, more accurately and with less waste.
As a Leading Hand at our brand new Truss Plant, you will be responsible for leading a team of 4 Operators producing high quality engineered prefabricated roof & floor trusses. You will be required to:
- Set and ensure production targets are met and production schedules are followed
- Understand company policy and procedures and follow written and verbal instruction
- Evaluate and suggest improvements within the department
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings and provide the team with clear direction
- Lead by example, train and encourage your team to be the best they can be
This role would suit a 'hands on' person with a strong work ethic, and previous leadership experience in truss manufacturing would be preferred. You will also need:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Strong understanding of WHS requirements
- Proven flexibility and the ability to deal positively with change
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Physically active with the ability to do hard, repetitive work
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and check plant machinery
You will also need to:
- Be eligible to work and live in New Zealand
- Pass a Pre-Employment medical & Drug + Alcohol Test
- Pass a Criminal Check
Along with a competitive salary, this role will see you working with a high performing team with a clear vision and goals. You’ll also get to enjoy the security, benefits and recognition that come with working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and cover letter outlining your interest, motivation and what you would bring to this role by way of background, experience and fit for the role and our team. Please apply online or contact Olivia Finn on 0272509566 for more details.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.