- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22814
- Closing Date:07 Nov 2021
We are looking for a Leading Hand to join our Maintenance team in Wairoa. This is a leadership role where you can still be hands on! You will be leading a crew of 3, undertaking general maintenance activities and minor road repairs. You will be maintaining approx. 90km of roading, you will be on the road regularly.
• Opportunity to upskill in machine operating and gain relevant licences if required
• Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Full Class 2 licence
• You will be a people person – you will enjoy leading a team or have an interest in stepping into this position
• Ability to work on call on a roster basis (you will receive an on-call allowance)
• Experience in the construction industry or Traffic Management is desirable
• Basic computer literacy required to manage your workload
• Be a confident communicator
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere