- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex NZ
- Job Reference:IPL/22817
- Closing Date:02 Nov 2021
Iplex Pipelines NZ is a leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We manufacture and supply pipeline systems for a diverse range of applications including: Water supply, sewerage, energy, stormwater, irrigation, rural, communications, and Industrial. We have approximately 200 employees across operational sites in Palmerston North, Christchurch and Ashburton, with our commercial head office in Auckland.
We are looking for Machine Operators to join us at our manufacturing site in Hornby, Christchurch. This role involves working on a 4 days on 4 days off (Shift Work working 8am - 8pm or 8pm - 8am). In this role you will be responsible for;
- Machine operation; ensuring that our product is made to the correct specifications and within the required timeframes
- Replenishing materials
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Checking for quality
- Ideally you will have experience in a manufacturing or factory environment (and comfortable working in varying temperatures)
- You will be safety-focused and have a good attention to detail
- You will need to be physically fit as you will be standing for extended periods and be moving loads of up to 25kg
- There’s a need for some basic maths skills and some mechanical-smarts
- We offer a competitive hourly rate
- This role is permanent full time, and can offer stability as we even can work during level 3 if required
- Health and income insurance protection
- Also as part of Fletcher Building we offer employees a range of organisational benefits including product discounts, access to our employee education fund and a range of development programmes
Please note, as part of our pre-employment process, any successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical, drug and alcohol test and criminal background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our career pathways.