- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:ipx22882
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
Iplex Pipelines is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of pipeline systems in Australia. We provide a range of piping solutions for applications including water, sewerage, mining, gas, telecommunications and electrical.
We are currently seeking a self-driven individual with solid experience in contract administration and management, tendering, procurement and negotiation processes to join us as a Contract Specialist to be based out of our office in Strathpine in a fixed-term 6-month contract.
As part of the National Projects Team, you will work alongside the tenders and bids team in collaboration with multiple functions across the business with a particular focus on the review, negotiation and administration of contracts and supply agreements with our key clients. This role supports our national sales team’s efforts in securing new and ongoing business primarily in the government and civil sectors.
We have recently refreshed the strategic priorities that we offer to our clients and this is an opportunity for you to help shape the future direction and success of the business.
The main focus areas of the role would be:
- Collaborate with the tenders and bids team reviewing and negotiating contracts through the RFT process
- Proactively engage Tier 1 and 2 Construction companies, and Joint Venture consortia in order to establish Framework Agreements and Standing Offer Arrangements for major projects works that Iplex want to be a part of
- Work in conjunction with the Project Initiation Manager and the Sales Managers to establish who our target customers are and approach them in order to establish multi-year contracts
- Work through an existing backlog of customers that have approached us about establishing standing offer arrangements
- Ensure that all contracts are in line with our corporate commercial guidelines
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this new and exciting role you will have the following experience:
- Solid experience around commercial arrangements
- Must have contract/procurement/tender specialist or similar level experience
- Experience in the capacity as a goods or services provider to government, civil, or mining industries
- Experience working collaboratively across teams
- Must have highly developed stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills