Customer Service Representative
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:ipx22883
- Closing Date:12 Nov 2021
Iplex Pipelines is the leading manufacturer and supplier of pipeline systems in Australia. We manufacture and distribute an extensive range of pipe products for applications including water, sewerage, mining slurry, gas, telecommunications and electrical conduits.
We are looking to appoint a new Customer Service Representative with our Pre Sales Support Team to provide sales and customer support in the key areas of quote generation and quote follow-up with our customers and ensure we consistently provide high-quality customer service to all our stakeholders.
Reporting to the QLD Civil Team Leader this role will work hand in hand with our Sales Representatives in the pre-sales activities (quote generation and quote conversion) and support the handover process to Customer Service post receipt of a customer purchase order.
The role is primarily responsible to increase the conversion rate of quote to purchase for a select group of customers, for example, the councils, civil contractors and subcontractors. The role will be required to process quotes as they are received from the customer or sales representative via phone, email or any other means in a timely manner and complete quote follow-up, price negotiation (within guidelines) and liaison with the sales representative responsible for the customer relationship.
This role will be based in our office in Strathpine. The Pre Sales Support Team operates from 7 am to 5 pm – Monday to Friday. The rosters are from 8 am to 4 pm, and 9 am to 5 pm. The roster can be discussed to suit both yours and the business needs but flexibility will be seen as an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with genuine enthusiasm and passion for responsive customer service as it relates to quote generation, and a passion to grow the business by converting open quotes and identify sales opportunities through product cross-selling and optimisation.
You will have the ability to plan and deliver on multiple priorities at one time and have sound analytical skills.
Equally important will be your outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence across all aspects of the business.
This role is for you if you have:
- Previous experience working within the customer service or pre-sales area, ideally gained within a pipelines or building materials manufacturing or related environment
- Strong organisational skills, a hands-on approach, good problem solving skills, and extremely organised
- A quick learner and ability to pick up a new product knowledge
- Strong computer skills, efficient with Microsoft Office Suites and ERP software i.e. JD Edwards or similar
- Make your mark – Opportunity to make the role your own within our new structure
- Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
- Learning and development opportunity – 5 week training plan to give you all the support that you need to be successful
- Career progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 16,000 people across Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group; a global company focussed on building and construction activities. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
Iplex with the support of Fletcher Building are committed to attracting the best available talent, developing the capability of our people, and creating highly engaged and high performing teams who delivery great results for our customers.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner than anticipated if we find the right candidate.