- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex AU
- Job Reference:IPX/22909
- Closing Date:29 Oct 2021
At Iplex “We Know Water” – Our vision is to solve Australia’s water challenges by partnering with our customers and communities to provide, safe, secure and innovative water solutions, today and into the future.
Iplex Pipelines – A member of the Fletcher Building group was established in Australia in 1938, and over the past eight decades has grown to become one of the largest pipe and fittings manufacturing business in Australia with manufacturing and distribution capabilities in all states. We Currently have an opportunity for a skilled Maintenance fitter to participate and support site maintenance activities with effective and efficient work practices, and meeting performance targets while ensuring that all aspects of Environment, Health and Safety are met.
About the Role
· 24/7 Manufacturing Facility
· Rotating Shift Role 4 days on 4 days off consisting of 12-hour shifts, dayshift and night shift.
· Ensure the availability, reliability, and capability of the plant assets.
· Monitor, follow up and address issues associated with the implementation and progress of planned and unplanned maintenance tasks.
· Continuous improvement/repairs of plant equipment and systems in a timely manner.
· Ensures the safe and correct operation of machines and minimises downtime and quality issues.
· Be actively involved with inspections of equipment undergoing rebuild or repair
· Work in a team environment.
· Strong communication skills within a collaborative team working environment.
· Ensuring adherence to company EH&S polies and procedures.
· Strong focus on workplace safety practices including JSEA’s, Permits to Work, etc.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Trades and Fitter Certificate
· Experience working on continuous manufacturing equipment
· Pneumatics and Hydraulics experience
· Minimum C9 Classification
· Competency in the safe use of cranes and slinging
· Forklift Licence
· Working at Heights Certificate (preferred)
· Competitive Manufacturing Cert IV (preferred)
· Restricted Electrical licence (preferred)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.