Inventory Controller - Evans Bay
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 22931
- Closing Date:10 Nov 2021
Our PlaceMakers Evans Bay branch has an opportunity for a brand-new exciting role: Inventory Controller & Finance Admin. Working Monday to Friday, you will be responsible for the management of stock control and purchasing of inventory for the branch, which also extends to minimising SLOB stock, the review/management of products and building relationships with external and internal suppliers in regard to inventory standards & procedures.
You will also look after the daily cash balancing; help manage invoicing accuracy and support our Accountant with potential disputes. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Dealing primarily with our building suppliers and trade customer base, your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing stock purchasing to ensure our shelves are fully replenished at all times
• Monitoring and driving cycle counts to ensure the accuracy of our inventory
• Investigating any stock discrepancies and resolving items out of stock promptly
• Assisting within the yard and showroom, providing product advice when required
• Reviewing/matching invoices and investigating any discrepancies
• Processing and following up supplier credits
• Managing daily banking requirements
• Ordering stationery/branch supplies
• General administration support as required
This role offers fantastic hours to fit around other commitments
With previous inventory experience, you are committed to success and keen to expand your capability within a leading brand. You will also be a solid all-rounder who takes great pride in your work and can multi-task like no other while working to deadlines and remaining calm under pressure. You will be engaging with different teams, customers, and suppliers on a regular basis so being approachable is essential. You are someone who can lend a hand wherever required and really enjoy being part of a team effort. Other skills and experience we are looking for:
In addition to this, you can also demonstrate the following –
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Sound computer/Excel skills
• Practical experience in purchasing
• Analytical with the ability to identify trends with key suppliers, seasons and products
• Professional communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and enjoy being part of a cohesive and successful team
• Knowledge of the building industry and ACE software would be an advantage but is not essential, as what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
• Good knowledge of administration and accounting processes
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word & Excel) and ability to pick up new computer software
What’s in it for you?
You're in good hands with PlaceMakers - You will be joining a well-respected company offering a competitive salary package, fantastic culture, real opportunities for career advancement and a range of other benefits that come with being part of the Fletcher Building Group.
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.