- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10040694
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
• Are you looking for a new challenge and ready to make the next step in your career!
• Come and join the Green Team in the beautiful Wairarapa!
We are looking for an experienced Surfacing Manager, who will lead the successful bidding and delivery of surfacing projects and contracts.
Key responsibilities include, overseeing the Surfacing branch functions including asphalt production, projects and contracts, and all aspects of commercial performance. Along with client liaison and work programming, budget control, procurement and site management while complying with all appropriate legislation, company policies and procedures and industry best practice.
As an experienced, resilient people leader, you will have relevant experience within this highly competitive industry along with a demonstrated background in an environment that has a strong safety culture
Key skills and attributes:
• In-depth knowledge of aggregates, surfacing (hot mix and chip-sealing) with a technical understanding of these materials and their applications
• You are commercially and financially astute
• You’re an excellent communicator both verbally and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
• Demonstrated experience of managing direct reports with a coaching and influencing emphasis
• You’re a detail oriented, well organised person with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects
• A Civil Engineering or Business qualification is essential
In Return We Offer:
• A competitive remuneration, company vehicle along with Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes and lots more!
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure construction company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years.
As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrow’s New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are looking for the next step in your career or a change in lifestyle, connect with us for a confidential chat or apply online today!
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.