Leading Hand - Barriers Team
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/22971
- Closing Date:30 Jan 2022
The Green Team at our branch on the beautiful Kapiti Coast is looking for a permanent full time Leading Hand to assist in the planning and supervision of safe, successful, day to day activities of the Crew in the Barriers Team.
- Career development – opportunities to develop into a Foreperson position
- Support to gain Class 2 Licence and WTR tickets if you do not already have these
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Competitive hourly rate
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will need to have dirt on your boots and be ready to get stuck in as supervising the team, you’ll also be actively involved in the construction of the wire, concrete and steel barriers on roads and highways. This is a permanent full time role with a guaranteed 40 hour week, regardless of the weather which means a consistent take home pay!
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Previous experience in roading and construction
- A desire willingness to learn and grow into a Foreperson role
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Flexible, committed and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
- Minimum full class 1/2 licence (WTR Bonus)
- Experience using a barrier machine is advantageous
- Excavator experience drilling posts
- A high level of physical fitness
- Reliable, honest team player
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.