Senior Technical Engineer
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:FCC Infrastructure
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:19 Dec 2021
Senior Technical Engineer – Puhoi to Warkworth
The Pūhoi to Warkworth project is a major infrastructure project to extend the four-lane Northern Motorway (SH1) 18.5km from the Johnstones Hill Tunnels to just north of Warkworth.
Four years into construction, the project has entered the exciting stages of paving, finishing works, and connecting the new highway to the existing Northern Motorway.
We are currently looking for extra power in our engineering technical team, to push through the disruptions of Covid, and bring this motorway to a successful opening. This project is complex, both from an engineering perspective, but also by nature of working in a Public Private Partnership contract. Our technical team is a key connection point for internal stakeholder management for client, construction, and design.
We are seeking an experienced engineer who has seen a bit of it all- design side, client side, construct side.
A preview of the role responsibilities:
• Support of the construction team in resolving technical challenges, clarifying the same (as required) with the designer, and/or making an informed and objective determination to maintain compliance and progress of the works,
• To support the geotechnical practitioners in challenging and proposing the most effective remedial measures for recovery and stabilisation of landslides (including topsoil/surficial slumping).
• To support the Engineering Manager in validating as-built records for as-constructed assets in relation to compliance with design documentation and fitness for intended purpose(s).
• To support the CPS Manager in technical exchanges with the design partners across a ‘to be agreed’ suite of disciplines.
• Support of the QA team in reviewing content and completeness of work packages, prior to submission for close out,
• Support of the commercial and contractual teams in determining the accuracy of supply chain claims and recommending certification of the same.
• Ensure that all in-house temporary works design complies with relevant standards, codes of practice and regulations by facilitating peer reviews where relevant.
• Assist in the preparation of proposals, non-price attributes and other submissions and participate in the presentation of proposals to clients.
• Senior Civil Engineer, minimum 10yrs experience across design, technical, construction
• Exceptional relationship building and management skills
• Mentor-mentality- thrive on bringing the team along on a journey and upskilling the team
• Able to balance working in detail with big-picture thinking
• A highly competitive package
• A strong pipeline of future works with dynamic opportunities in technical engineering
• Ongoing professional development with a business committed to health and wellness
Apply now for a confidential conversation about this opportunity. Applicants require work rights in NZ.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.