- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/23128
- Closing Date:24 Dec 2021
The Higgins Green Team in sunny Tauranga have an awesome opportunity for an experienced Workshop Foreperson to manage and lead the Workshop crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who will help you succeed
- Ongoing training and development
- Competitive hourly rate + Vehicle
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
This is a partially hands on role so you won’t be completely off the tools. On top of planning, organising and priortising what repair and maintenance tasks need completing, you’ll also be able to diagnose faults, carry out repairs and jump in and help as needed. As a natural leader, you’ll also drive and motivate a high performing and enagaged team.
Whilst day to day you will be based at our Mt Maunganui Workshop, there can be a requirement for call outs and to work nights. This doesn’t happen often, but you will need to be available if required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- At least 5 years experience working as a Truck and Machinery Mechanic
- Trade certificate desirable but not a deal breaker
- Full Class 2 – 5 with WTR
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
- Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.