Bid Writer - Wellington or Christchurch
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:06 Dec 2021
Brian Perry Civil is part of the Fletcher Building group, delivering a wide range of civil construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our people are at the heart of our success and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers. We’re proud that their achievements have been recognised with national CCNZ and NAWIC awards this year.
We have an opportunity for a Bid Writer to join our high-performing Southern Region New Business team (based in Wellington or Christchurch) and help drive BPC’s growth and expansion. You’ll have a key role in the team as the go-to person providing efficient administrative support. We can offer you the opportunity to build your skills and develop your industry knowledge in a supportive team environment.
In this role you will:
• Work with the Regional New Business Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the bid team
• Lead preparation of offer letters and tender submission documents, ensuring high standards are met and brand guidelines followed
• Maintain and QA the team’s filing systems
• Ensure accurate company certificates are filed and updated as necessary
• Maintain the project library, ensuring photos and project sheets are completed at the end of each project
• Be focussed on continuously improving our processes
• Assist the Pre-Contracts Manager in completing pre-tender documentation
• Maintain databases as required
• Compile ‘lessons learned’ as required
• Understand RFT and tender documents, input key dates into CRM, and ensure accurate records for management
• Lead the regional marketing strategy and assist with the production of newsletters and other communications
• Induct new and existing staff to New Business team systems and processes
• Assist the Bid Writer in data collation
• Assist the Estimating team as required
We’re seeking someone who is:
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Power BI, etc
- A confident communicator, with strong writing skills
- Comfortable working in a high-pace, deadline-driven workplace
- Experienced in administration, with strong co-ordination and organisational skills
- Detail focussed
- Able to adapt as our business responds to changing needs
- Ideally experienced using Procore. InDesign, Microsoft Teams and Planner (but training can be provided.
Benefits we offer
As part of the Fletcher Building group we can offer a range of benefits, including access for you and your family members to the Employee Educational Fund, our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare, the Fletcher Building Welfare Fund, and significant discounts on some of the great Fletcher Building brands, including Placemakers and Mico.
You’ll receive an attractive remuneration package working in a supportive working environment that is focussed on our people. We encourage and help everyone to develop their skills and experience to reach their full potential.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.