Storeperson Leading Hand
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:21 Jan 2022
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Leading Hand Storeperson
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will Oversee the warehousing functions for all customer orders and transfer orders to ensure smooth operation of delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all Warehousing functions that including receipt, dispatch and storing of Stramit inventory and other customer goods.
- Perform inventory checks, stocktaking and housekeeping to ensure all inventory is stored in a safe and tidy manner.\
- Ensure all system updates are completed daily that ensures inventory accuracy to meet customer orders.
- Manage the day to day allocation of staff to ensure all KPIs are met.
- Build strong relationships with all operational, Customer service, Regional and transport staff.
- Be the lead in all HS&E and 5S policies and procedures.
- Carry out all other duties commensurate of a Leading Hand.
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a warehousing hero. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally.
We are on the lookout for;
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment including stock management, delivery of products, and stock taking.
- Ability to efficiently undertake administrative duties.
- High degree of general computer skills including various MS office packages including Word and Excel
- Experience with an ERP package is highly regarded.
- Excellent numeracy, literacy skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages and objects.
- A comprehensive understanding of safety procedures.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Forklift licence
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!