Yard & Drive Thru - Team Member - New Plymouth
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Location:New Plymouth
- Job Reference:PMK AD/23337
- Closing Date:02 Dec 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
An opportunity now exists to join the Yard Team in this customer service role available within our New Plymouth store.
Dealing primarily with our building and trade customer base, your key role responsibilities include:
• Assisting trade customers within the yard and drive thru area, providing product advice when required;
• Assisting with stock takes and dispatch;
• Loading of goods on to customer vehicles;
• Assisting the Trade/Yard Manager as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained;
With the role involving a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit and healthy. Though a forklift licence is not required as appropriate training will be provided to the suitable candidate, a clean full driver’s licence is essential.
You will also have the ability to create lasting relationships and present yourself well to customers. While previous industry or trade related experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Please note a pre-employment medical and drug test will be performed as well as the right to work in New Zealand indefinitely.