Yard - Team Leader
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Iplex NZ
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:IPL/23342
- Closing Date:01 Dec 2021
We are team Iplex - we’re over 200 team members strong and are a leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We have team members working in manufacturing and distribution in Palmerston North, Christchurch and Ashburton, with our commercial head office based in Auckland.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a hands on Yard Team Leader to join our team in a busy and rewarding role, based at our Roslyn site in Palmerston North.
As our Yard Team Leader, you will lead and develop a tightknit team of 4 and be responsible for driving accuracy in order picking and truck loading enabling the site to achieve schedule adherence and maximum productivity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Daily toolbox meetings, allocating tasks and supporting the team
- Supervising and assisting staff to ensure order picking & loading accuracy is achieved by team members
- Ensure yard is kept tidy and basic maintenance/housekeeping completed as required
- Ensure strict adherence to health and safety requirements
- Communicate updates and issues to the yard manager
Please note this position primarily operates on a Monday to Friday basis with weekly rotating shifts, a week of mornings followed by a week of afternoons.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for leading a team from the front, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures. In addition, you’ll have;
- Proven hands-on leadership experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of storage and dispatching processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence the team
- A Forklift licence with F-endorsement
- Proactive and can think on your feet under pressure
We are a well-established organisation that provides a positive working environment and career development opportunities. You will benefit from health, life and income protection as well as a range of benefits associated with Fletcher Building, New Zealand’s largest listed company, such as access to our employee education fund, on-going training and learning, future career advancement opportunities, and a range of discounts across our products and with our partners.
*Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug & alcohol test, is required as well as the legal right to work in New Zealand
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.