- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/23344
- Closing Date:07 Dec 2021
About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
We are investing and expanding our operations and have an exciting opportunity for a number of Process Operators to join us at our Cheltenham Plant in a permanent position on rotating continuous shift (24x7). Working under the leadership and guidance of the Operations Support Leader and shift Team Leaders, the primary purpose of the Process Operator is to work as a member of a flexible skilled team and contribute to the manufacturing steps in pressing the only Australian made high pressure laminate range.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
- Follow all procedures in accordance with Laminex policies and procedures and legislation
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards to relevant personnel
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- To ensure all necessary checks are carried out and to report any variations to the Team Leader so that corrective action can be taken.
- Ensure final product is manufactured and packaged to Laminex product specifications and according to production schedule requirements
- Ensure that all possible care is taken during the production process so that damage and waste is minimised.
- Ensure documentation is completed as required and relevant documentation is included as required.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- Must have a valid forklift license
- Experience within manufacturing environment
- Previous Machine operator experience
- Strong Computer skills/data entry
- Live and breathe safety standards which align with Laminex’s “Protect” philosophy.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. You’ll be a part of a critical function to the wider operations of Laminex so if you are looking for something on-going, stable with internal career development opportunities this is it!
We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us!