- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/23359
- Closing Date:10 Dec 2021
Our Australian Made Story:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Where your story starts:
The Manufacturing Manager leads the Monkland (Gypmie) Manufacturing team (10 direct and 125 indirect reports) and is responsible for the manufacturing and the decoration of Particleboard. The role promotes and achieves continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, a reduction in defective goods and costs to achieve world class manufacturing principles and practices.
Role you’ll play:
The accountabilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing leadership, coaching, support, and performance management with their team. The role is expected to be an example and role model to others.
- Leading business initiatives to increase OEE, productivity and reduce Cost outcomes on a year to year basis.
- Supporting and actively involved in driving EHS compliance and enhancement within the team and assisting other departments at the site.
- Leading and coaching the Monkland team for greater uptime performance, working closely with the Engineering team for data, techniques and standards to drive this metric.
- Ensuring the lines performance is always optimised by investing in the continuous improvement of the teams skills through a mix of formal and on the job training.
- Actively supporting the deployment of capital projects
- Responsible for delivering to the agreed Quality standards and liaising with internal and external customers to address short- and long-term opportunities.
- Develops an engaged team focused on identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
What GREAT looks like:
This position calls for a true leader in every sense of the word, someone who has been in a similar position and who has experience working in a 24/7 continuous manufacturing environment. One the most important requirements of success is the ability to integrate into the culture and working environment. You must have a resilient personality with a strong yet “personable” approach.
The selected candidate will outline the below skills and qualifications:
- Engineering Degree level education or can demonstrate equivalent experience/training
- Continuous Improvement and change management experience
- Outstanding aptitude to communicate with a wide range of people coupled with Facilitation, coaching & development skills.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (critical)
- Formal training in Lean manufacturing techniques and root cause analysis (critical)
- Be outcomes focused with the ability to balance production, safety, environment and resources
Operating at a Mid-Senior management level, you will have proven success in a team that has successfully implemented a multi-faceted change program and is seeking to join an industry leader with the drive to lead your team to success.
As a member of our tight knit Monkland community you will be a team player who is ready to make this position their own, All while situated in a beautiful regional part of the world that is only a stone’s throw away from the gorgeous beaches of Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay and Rainbow Beach, while living within a true family focused town.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of our team. Apply today!