Quarry Operator - Tamahere & Whitehall
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/23381
- Closing Date:02 Dec 2021
There has never been a better time to join Winstone Aggregates. We are the team behind some of Aotearoa’s most exciting commercial, infrastructural and residential construction projects, and right now we have positions available at our Tamahere and Whitehall quarries - bring your skills and experience to join our welcoming team and we’ll offer you a career that’s concrete!
About the role:
These quarry operator roles are full of variety – you’ll never be bored!
As a Winstone Aggregates Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The operation of fixed and mobile machines for production and non-production purposes, such as rock sorting and crushing
- Assisting with a variety of site-specific tasks to promote the continued operation of a safe and efficient site
- Ensuring your work area and equipment is prepared, maintained, cleared and reported on in accordance with site safety plan
Our business is committed to kaitiakitanga, protection of our country’s precious natural environment. You can be proud of knowing that your mahi directly contributes to the way we champion sustainability in everything that we do.
You’re mechanically minded, with a great attitude and work ethic that is second to none.
You have got the energy and planning skills to prioritise a few competing tasks at once, ensuring work is completed on time. Proactive with good communication skills, it’s second nature to you to let your colleagues and customers know when work is completed, or where you’ve identified delays or risks.
We pride ourselves in providing a safe working environment, so you will share our commitment to mitigating risks and getting you and your teammates home safely.
We back our operators 100% in developing their skillset, but to get things started we need to know you have:
- A full, clean New Zealand driver’s license
- Wheels, tracks and rollers endorsements are an advantage
- A decent level of physical fitness – there’s going to be some heavy lifting
- Previous experience with excavators, loaders, AET dump trucks or watercarts an advantage
- A great positive and willing to learn attitude
- Right to work in New Zealand
What’s in it for you?
A career that’s concrete, that’s what! We also offer a great range of benefits, such as:
- A guaranteed 40-hour work week, with the flexibility that comes with shift work
- Full training and development, starting at our Grade 1 machines and working right up to our Grade 4 machines
- Fuel discounts
- Access to our fantastic Employee Education Fund and women in construction membership
- Good quality machinery
A bit about us:
Winstone Aggregates are pioneers in the quarrying industry, operating a range of services from quarrying, lab testing, cleanfill and transporting. We like to say we are moving the earth to bring our customers the future, and this can be seen in the great relationships we have with our clients across a variety of infrastructure industries, and in our commitment to ensuring that sustainability underpins all the great work we do.
Get in the driver’s seat and make a great choice for your career - click APPLY NOW or visit www.fbcareers.com today.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.