Production Manager - Taurean Doors
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:08 Dec 2021
Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers
Key Focus & Responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our Taurean Door Systems business in Knoxfield. The Production Manager will lead production and engineering staff across day shift. You will also work closely with our external transport provider and supply chain teams to maximise customer service and inventory efficiency. You will be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To drive business safety improvement through leadership and achievement of safety lead and lag goals.
- Optimise manufacturing to enable efficient operations to the fulfilment of market segment requirements, considering the delivery of products to all downstream operations and internal customers.
- Provide input into cost effective pro-active and timely solutions to maintenance issues, in consultation with Manager
- Allocate duties according to planning schedule to ensure timely execution as efficiently as practicable
What we need you to bring to our team
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, working in machine-based operations
- Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution
- Consultative hands on approach with a diverse workforce
We are on the lookout for;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer literacy/customer portal exposure
- Values based – Protect, Better Together, Be Bold, Customer Leading
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase we encourage you to apply today!