Yard/Drive-Thru Despatch Member - Invercargill
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK AD/23406
- Closing Date:05 Dec 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
Due to increased workload, we are looking for two people to join our vital front line team at PlaceMakers Invercargill. These positions are both for 40 hours per week, with weekend work. You’ll be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Dealing primarily with our building and trade customer base, your key responsibilities will include:
• Assisting within the Drive Thru, providing product advice to customers when required
• Picking orders, monitoring inventory, cycle counts and much more
• Loading of goods on to customer vehicles
• Processing customer orders and transactions
• Assisting as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
• Operating a Forklift (Training can be provided)
With the role requiring a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit and have solid Health & Safety values as you will play an active part in our commitment to providing a safe work environment. A Full Driver’s Licence is essential due to our F endorsement requirements.
While previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well-respected company that will invest in your career.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required.