Yard Customer Service - Alexandra
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 23436
- Closing Date:09 Dec 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,400 people in 60+ locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be for you!
About the role:
Based in our Alexandra Branch, this is a permanent full-time position working Monday to Friday, with a rostered Saturday morning once a month.
A varied and hands-on role within our Yard team – assisting our trade customers in our Drive Thru area, receiving and checking stock from incoming trucks, maintaining stock accuracy, organising deliveries, picking/packing and dispatching customer orders whilst ensuring that we always provide exceptional service to our customers.
Day to day you will be based in our warehouse:
- Assisting our trade customers
- Receipting inwards goods
- Safely loading and unloading the delivery vehicle
- Picking and packing orders
- Putting stock away
- Having fun & supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
To be considered you must possess the following:
- Hold a Full Class 1 NZ Drivers Licence
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Have basic but good computer skills
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Forklift experience and/or licence would be advantageous
What we offer:
We are a small, fun, close-knit team who work well together in our busy branch. You’ll be joining the market leader and a well-respected business that can offer a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of the Fletcher Group.
If you have a great attitude to work, have good initiative and are reliable, and enjoy being a team player, then we’d love to hear from you!