Project Administrator - Peacocke
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Brian Perry Civil
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:15 Dec 2021
Brian Perry Civil is in a strong growth period with complex, challenging projects underway across the country. Our people are at the heart of our success and we back them to be their best, expand their experience, and build their careers. We’re proud that their achievements have been recognised with national CCNZ and NAWIC awards this year.
We are part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, delivering a wide range of construction projects across New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our specialties include civil structures, 3 waters, ground improvement and foundations.
We are looking for a Permanent Project Administrator to be based at the Peacocke Project in Hamilton. This role will provide an efficient administration and support service to Project Managers, project team and wider field staff. This role is site based so correct PPE to be wore at all times.
• Meet and greet clients, visitors, and suppliers to site reception, providing appropriate assistance, ensure visitors are induction when required
• Assist with regular project meetings, prepare agendas, take, and distribute minutes, completing follow up actions as required i.e., Weekly/Monthly Progress Meetings, Toolbox Meetings
• Manage all incoming / outgoing drawings, registers and project documents, update and distribute via the document control database (Procore)
• Contract Instructions via the appropriate software, maintaining a tracking register listing and dating recipients
• Send out updated drawings to consultants and sub-contractors in a timely manner so they can distribute to their teams carrying out the work.
• Manage contract compliance and consents and bring any issues to the attention of the project lead.
• Report all near misses and incidents
• Monthly reporting/ Maintaining monthly claims
• Managing internal and external invoices
• Other general office administration as required
We are looking for someone with a strong admin background and although construction industry experience will be considered favourably, we don’t believe it is an absolute requirement and candidates from closely related industries are encouraged to apply.
This role is ideal for someone who considers their organisational skills to be their core strength. You will be someone who really enjoys systems and the opportunity to create order. You will be naturally drawn to making things better, quicker, more efficient and can keep the project and staff connected.
We require someone with excellent verbal and written communications skills. You should be comfortable working with electronic document management systems (such as Procore or Aconex) and be willing to learn new skills.
Take ownership of this role and enjoy the opportunity to use your initiative. You will be someone who takes real pride in your work and gain job satisfaction from ensuring that the work you do provides real value.
Why Join Us?
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package working in a supportive working environment that is focussed on our people. We encourage and help everyone to develop their skills and experience to reach their full potential.
As part of the Fletcher Building group we can offer a range of benefits, including access for you and your family members to the Employee Educational Fund, our global employee share plan, discounted Southern Cross healthcare, the Fletcher Building Welfare Fund, and significant discounts on some of the great Fletcher Building brands, including Placemakers and Mico.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.