Estimator - Christchurch
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 23478
- Closing Date:01 Dec 2021
PlaceMakers is a dynamic, interesting, and fast-paced environment to work in! We also happen to be one of New Zealand's leading and largest suppliers of building materials.
We currently have an opportunity to bring on 2 new team members with little or no industry experience and we will train you to become an Estimator. This is a full time, permanent role and will be ideal for someone with a few years of work experience who is now on the hunt for a meaningful career!
Skills and Experience:
- You might be a builder/ tradie and have decided that you like the pricing side of things and feel a career in this discipline is up your alley
- You may be an admin superstar with a flair for numbers, figures, Excel, and keen on the idea of working in the building industry
- You will need to be naturally good with numbers and likes mathematics.
- This role will suit someone who is a bit of a perfectionist, someone who really likes to get into the detail of things
- You’ll need to be a natural problem solver, as a big part of this role involves working with information that is not necessarily complete. So, you’ll need to have the confidence to ask questions and to look for answers rather than just be a processing machine
- This is an office-based job. You will spend a lot of time at your desk behind a computer and so computing must be something you’re attracted to
- Your English language skills must be of a high level in both verbal and written
It’s not often that opportunities like this come up where a business will train you in a specialised role which could almost guarantee satisfying work and a career path. So, we will be looking for people who are hungry and driven, people with an exceptional work ethic and who appreciate that we will be investing in them.
Your ability to listen, communicate well and work collaboratively with the team will of course be important. We will also be looking for an inquiring mind and the ability to feel confident to ask questions and look for solutions.
Join the team and be recognised and rewarded for your efforts! Apply now.
As a part of our recruitment process, you will need to complete a one-way video interview, where you will self-record video answers to our interview questions.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.