Driver - Class 2
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/23676
- Closing Date:21 Jan 2022
The Green Team at our branch in Tamaki Makaurau is looking for a permanent full time Class 2 Driver to join the Traffic Management Crew.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
- All training will be provided
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will be working as part of our Traffic Management Crew working on road closures all across the city on roads and motorways. You will be driving our mounted attenuator trucks of either a manual or automatic transmission and also get involved in other labouring duties as part of the wider team.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Temporary Traffic Management experience preferred but not essential
- A clean Class 2 Drivers Licence
- A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
- Team player
- Flexible, committed and reliable with the ability to work nights as required
- Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.