- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/23686
- Closing Date:18 Feb 2022
The Higgins team in Tauranga are looking for a permanent full time Labourer to join the Construction crew.
• Grow in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Develop into an Operator/Driver
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
You will need to have dirt on your boots and be ready to get stuck in. The role includes general labouring duties and is an opportunity for someone fit and keen to learn. We are offering not just a job but a stepping-stone into a career with the support of a company that knows how important our Teams are in delivering what we do best – Roading and Infrastructure.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A safety-first attitude – for yourself and the public
• Flexible, committed, and reliable – will turn up rain or shine
• Minimum full class 1 licence (WTR Bonus)
• Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction and maintenance
• A high level of physical fitness
• Reliable, honest team player
• Passion for our industry and the willingness to work hard and learn
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.