Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,400 people in 60+ locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
About the Role:
To support our service promise and operational efficiencies, this role reports through to the Commercial Insights Manager and works closely with, and provides support to, the Inventory Controller. This is a varied role with 50% administration duties and 50% accounting/basic finance duties to ensure that correct procedures are being followed and the administrative side is being run efficiently for the branch. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing/matching invoices and investigating any discrepancies
- Processing and following up supplier credits
- Complete cash balancing and bank reconciliations
- Managing daily banking requirements
- Reconciling stock receipts and invoices
- Inventory Admin tasks
- Ordering stationery/branch supplies
- Providing general administration support as required
You’re a solid all-rounder who takes great pride in your work and can multi-task like no other, while working to deadlines and remaining calm under pressure. You will be engaging with different teams, customers, and suppliers on a regular basis so being approachable is essential. Other skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word & Excel)
- A solid knowledge of basic accounting/finance principals and standards
- Loads of initiative and ability to take action to solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a cohesive and successful team
- Being open to learning and development – you can take on as much as you want to and there’s plenty of scope for career progression!
What can we offer you?
Here at PlaceMakers, we have a dynamic and fun team culture and there are plenty of opportunities to bring your own ideas to the table. This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business. You will be offered an attractive salary, genuine opportunities for career development and a range of benefits that come with being part of PlaceMakers and the wider Fletcher Building group.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.
Please note that all offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of vaccination being provided.
If you have a great work ethic and a willingness to learn, and you think this sounds like it could be your next opportunity, then we’d love to hear from you!