- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10042116
- Closing Date:27 Feb 2022
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Construction Manager to join our Green Team in the beautiful Wairarapa.
Reporting to our Branch Manager, you will be based at our Masterton branch and be the 2nd in command. You will be overseeing branch operations focusing on maintenance, construction, drainage, surfacing and residential with a team of five Project Managers. This is a senior role with massive potential for growth.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Extensive proven experience in a similar type role
• Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements involved in construction and maintenance contracts
• Experience in tendering and commercial as well as budgeting, management of P&L and cost control
• Civil Engineering Degree or Diploma desirable
• Communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a high performing team
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.