Warehouse Operator - Nelson
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex NZ
- Job Reference:TLG/24128
- Closing Date:16 Feb 2022
Laminex New Zealand forms part of the Building Products division of Fletcher Building Products Ltd, and we are a trusted business partner for decorative surfaces and panel products, offering expert knowledge and exceptional value to our customers. With market leading brands in our portfolio including Strandfloor, Formica, Seratone, Melteca, Lakepine MDF and Caesarstone, Laminex NZ offers residential and commercial solutions for all interior spaces, from benchtops and cabinetry, through to structural flooring, wall lining and commercial joinery.
We are looking for an exceptional Warehouse Operator with a can-do attitude and enthusiastic personality to join our team in Nelson. It is a full-time permanent role within a friendly and supportive team reporting directly to the branch manager, Philip Thompson. Also, you will enjoy the weekend off!
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as you will be interacting with internal and external stakeholders via telephone and email
- Confident in using the computer and quick to familiarise with our internal systems
- Ability to understand branch’s sales budgets, make sound commercial decisions and its impact on the branch
- Take pride in ensuring that all orders are picked accurately and that they are packed and loaded to avoid damage in transit
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet datelines
- Safe work practices are a must and be physically fit as the role requires considerable amount of manual lifting and effort.
- Full class 1 drivers license and/or F endorsed forklift license is essential
Why work for us?
Laminex New Zealand empowers its employees to initiate change and consistently contribute to our success through:
- A healthy combination of participation and autonomy
- Cultural openness to innovation and acceptance of change
- Access to relevant information and training. For the right candidate, we can assist with obtaining the F endorsed forklift license
- Irresistible staff benefits being a part of the Fletcher Building group
- Encouraging and supporting each other in providing a safe and proactive environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.