- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:People and Communications
- Job Reference:FBC/24129
- Closing Date:20 Jan 2022
The Innovation and Sustainability Team is an exciting place to be because we get to help shape the future of Fletcher Building. The team is small, agile, fast moving and disruptive, aiming to drive change across all aspects of the business; including innovation of our products, processes, channels, customer engagement – and orchestrating broader initiatives to meet our decarbonization and sustainability agenda.
About the role
We’re looking for our next Sustainability Analyst, who can support delivery of the work plan for Fletcher Building’s Sustainability strategy, with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions, other sustainability metrics, and external reporting. This is a numbers focussed role with a whole lot of purpose!
Under the direction of the Group Carbon and Environmental Performance Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing a centralised sustainability database including data management, analysis and reporting for key metrics including carbon, waste and water.
- Supporting Business Units to record and track carbon initiatives and roadmaps
- Drafting data content for internal and external reporting submissions
- Provide central carbon and other emissions data to support ISO14064 carbon audit process
- Performing internal sustainability data auditing
- Maintaining and developing scope 3 data collection process
- Supporting supply chain engagement for Fletcher Building’s scope 3 Science-Based Target
- Reviewing and improving sustainability data management systems
To be considered you’ll hold a tertiary qualification in Commerce, Accounting, Business or similar with demonstrated experience managing large data sets. You’ll have worked with databases previously and you’ll have strong numerical ability. You’ll be equipped with an ability to collect, analyse and interpret data, and you’ll be able to communicate with business unit stakeholders effectively. You’ll love data, be driven to ensure accuracy and verification, you’ll have strong proficiency in Excel, and you’ll be a quick learner with a genuine interest in sustainability.
This is a great role in a team that truly believes in the opportunity to drive improved business and sustainability outcomes through innovation. Apply now or contact Mereula Nacewa, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager on 021 727 166 for more info.